Accuracy agriculture is the practice of growing plants using advanced technology highly, such as geospatial detectors and techniques. This type of agriculture has been practiced for some time now. It really is usually done using GPS technology that utilizes images from satellites to review variations in the state of the crops and study the health of the soil. However, there are specific problems to make the use of the technology, such as:
– The expense of satellite imaging is incredibly high which is why not absolutely all the farmers can put it to use quite often to aid them in farming.
– The option of this technology is also limited which is one of the major hindrances in the execution of the technology.
The geospatial technology available before was limited by large equipment, such as crop-dusters and other planes. This managed to get mandatory a technology more apt for farmers originated, and it came up by means of the drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). The features of drones as an helper in detail agriculture are very plenty.
Do not forget to read: [Interstellar Travel Technology And The State Of The Art]
– The images considered by using a drone are from a minimal altitude. You need to know that according to FAA no unmanned aerial system can take flight 120 meters or 400 toes above the bottom. This helps it be exquisite for taking images necessary for agricultural purposes.
– The drones stay below the clouds which means this also proves beneficial in providing clear images of the field, making the diagnosis of the plants and garden soil both easier and even more precise.
– The expense of the solo use of dish imaging runs above $1000 whereas an agricultural drone costs way significantly less than that. So, it is rather inexpensive to use drones for the perfection agriculture.
– The grade of the pictures extracted from a drone is way better as they may have high resolution video cameras offering better contrast.
The usage of drones in agriculture has already been occurring and many farmers have resorted to the extremely affordable and useful technology. There still remains opportunity of improvement as it pertains to the utilization of drones in agriculture. A number of the areas that want a lttle bit of work include:
– Platform design
– Establishing criteria in image georeferencing as well as ortho mosaics
– How the info is extracted
However, it’s important that developments are created keeping the farmers at heart. Actually, if the farmers are looped in to the development process then it’ll deliver amazing results and the agricultural sector will benefit greatly from it.
It is the right time of technical increase so far as agriculture can be involved. Gone will be the times when farmers were illiterate technologically. Today the farmers aren’t only using the most advanced technology to increase their produce but are also helping engineers and scientists in developing new tools and ways of farming.